Graduate Program Admissions
NOTE: Applicant must have a J.D. or LL.B.
Apply to the Corporate Law and Finance, Homeland and National Security Law, Insurance Law, Intellectual Property Law, Tax Law, Self-Directed area of Law LL.M. Programs:
1. Fill out the Application for Admission to Graduate Programs (pdf) and attach:
- personal statement indicating why you wish to pursue this degree
- legal writing sample
- letter of recommendation
- Undergraduate and JD transcripts (if not Cooley alumni)
- [For Self Directed program] Self Directed Outline + Faculty advisor
2. Generally, applications are processed within two weeks of submission. You will receive an email notification if information is missing from your application. Otherwise, you will receive an email notification of our final decision.
3. International Students: please apply through LSAC.org and submit your credentials for evaluation along with your TOEFL score. If you require a student visa, you must apply at least 3 months prior to the start of your expected entering term to provide time for processing.
To obtain additional information about the admission process or the application for the LL.M. program contact the Office of Graduate and Extended Programs by e-mail at LLM@cooley.edu or by telephone at (517) 371-5140 ext. 2703.
Apply to the U.S. Legal Studies(USLS) LL.M. Program:
- The International Programs Office directs the USLS LL.M. program.
- Contact the office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about applying or visit the U.S. Legal Studies page »
Contact the Office of Graduate and Extended Programs with any questions about deadlines.
There is no application fee. A $25 non-refundable enrollment fee is charged to reserve a seat. WMU-Cooley charges a $20 non-refundable student activity fee each term. Tuition for graduate courses is $900 per credit hour. Tuition and fees are subject to change without prior notice.
Canadian citizens have the opportunity to apply for the Pearson Bursary scholarship (pdf) offered by WMU-Cooley Law School. The Admissions Office can provide you with additional information about the Pearson Bursary and provide an application. The Pearson Bursary scholarship is not available to non-degree guest LL.M. students.
Please visit www.cooley.edu/housing for more information about housing.
The Career and Professional Development Office provides a variety of specialized career counseling and services for Graduate Program students. Applicants who have questions regarding career services for Graduate Program students should contact the Career and Professional Development Office by e-mail or by telephone at (517) 371-5140, ext. 4109. The program directors are also actively involved in assisting students with job placement.